Last updated May 29, 2019
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Super Dispatch (“Company”, “we,” or “us”) and our web site at https://www.superdispatch.com (the “website”), as well as all related web sites, downloadable software, mobile applications (including tablet applications), and other services provided by us (collectively, together with the Site, our “Service”).
Thank you, Super Dispatch Team
2. WHAT INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(a) Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, during the registration process, we collect Personal Information such as your name, company name, username, email address, IP address, browser information and password.
You also provide us with your phone number, USDOT number, name, phone contacts, passwords, photos taken by camera for the purposes of Super Dispatch inspections. We collect this information so we can conduct the following:
- assist you in customer service and verify your company information to ensure you are an active carrier (using company information and USDOT information)
- make it easier for you to create contacts in our system (phone contact information)
- have a secure password for the Super Dispatch app (passwords)
- allow you to use your phone camera to take photos within the app during photo inspection (photos taken by camera for the purposes of Super Dispatch inspections.
We may collect other Information you provide us through your use of our services, such as order information, vehicles, pick up locations, delivery locations, rate information, shipper information and such; however, these private details of your account will not be shared with other Service users.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
For instance, GPS tracking is a feature that you can enable on the mobile app. This location information will not be shared with other Service users.
(b) Information Collected Automatically:
Whenever you interact with our Service (such as visiting the Super Dispatch website, or accessing the mobile app), we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
“Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer through your browser that allow us to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser to prevent or limit your computer’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of our Service’s best features.
When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often customers use parts of the Service, so that we can make the Service appealing to as many customers as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Service, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
There are a few third parties that Super Dispatch might use to collect information, communicate with you, and other things. The following are those third parties:
Mixpanel helps us understand how our users use our product – also known as analytics. These analytics may also collect information of what other apps are installed by the user on their mobile device. Super Dispatch does not use this information, but it is collected by the analytics software.
Information collected in this aggregate manner:
- information about device (make, model, RAM, WiFi, Memory usage, CPU, Serial number, etc. Operation System version is also collected, battery level, whether the device is charging or not, BLE, Bluetooth, usage of network)
- information about other applications installed on the device (installs and removals of other applications on device)
- information about how user use his/her device (for example when user turn on/off location, wifi, silent mode, and maybe a lot more)
The Super Dispatch mobile app also uses a third party called “instabug.” This service is to let you tell us when there is a bug in our app. For instance, when you take a screenshot of our app and a popup box appears asking “is there a problem?” with a list of options – that is instabug.
This third party is what asks you for the “record audio” permission on the permissions popup. This is ONLY to record when you enable it by taking a screen video capture – this is for when you choose to record a video of the app itself to report bugs.
Appsflyer is mostly used on our website. If you read a blog post of ours and like it, and see the “download the app” ad on the website, appsflyer allows us to send you to the correct app store (either google or apple) depending on the device you are using, to download the app. This means they know things about your device, such as your operating system.
Our use of Google Analytics again gives us aggregate information about our customer use habits. Things like: which pages get the most traffic, keyword search terms that we rank for in search engines, bounce rate, and other search engine optimization information is what we gain from using Google Analytics on our website and mobile app.
Our use of crashlytics is to simply understand when and where our app crashes. It collects the same information as Google, because it is owned by google.
We use a third party called Intercom to help with our OUTSTANDING customer service. The orange chat icon in the corner of your website screen on Super Dispatch? That is intercom. Our help documents are also intercom.
We also do our in-app product updates through intercom.
They collect information on your browser, as well as information you freely provide to our website (see above (a) information you provide to us.) They also collect data on things like page visits
Finally, hubspot is the marketing tool that we use to help better get close to our customers and potential customers. Much like intercom, they collect information on the people who use our website (not so much the mobile app.) Much of the information they collect you provide yourself to us. They collect it so that we have a working customer relationship management system. We use them to send emails, view traffic analytics on our website (page views, bounce rate, etc.) as well as create Call to Action buttons and landing pages where we can collect some of your information to better serve you.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use the information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalize the content (including ads) or features you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad we showed you on your phone on a different device. Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use, and Family Device IDs (or other identifiers unique to Facebook Company Products associated with the same device or account).
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things like help you stream a video from your phone to your TV.
LIST OF PERMISSIONS REQUESTS FROM SUPER DISPATCH APP:
We also ask for a list of permissions on your phone, we will explain their uses to the best of our ability here:
- USE_FINGERPRINT – is to login into the app using fingerprint
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – photo inspection, pdf uploading, etc. This allows us to add things like attachments
- INTERNET – ability to use the internet with Super Dispatch app
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE – notify location for Super Dispatch use mentioned above
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE – notify location for Super Dispatch use mentioned above
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION – notify location for Super Dispatch use mentioned above
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION – notify location for Super Dispatch use mentioned above
- WAKE_LOCK – it is to tell the system not to put the phone to sleep mode
- VIBRATE – instabug reporting
- CAMERA – photo inspection use (mentioned above)
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED – our app will be notified by the system that phone was rebooted. Or turnd on. So we can schedule a sync or some other work that has to be done.
- BLUETOOTH – ELD / Hours of Service use
- BLUETOOTH_ADMIN – ELD / Hours of Service use
- CALL_PHONE – instabug reporting
- RECORD_AUDIO – instabug reporting
(c) Email and Other Communications:
We may contact you by email or other means; for example, we may send you promotional offer or information on topics related to the logistics industry and/or communication with you about your use of the Service. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service.
3. WILL COMPANY SHARE ANY OF THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information with third parties only as described below.
(a) Affiliated Businesses and Third Party Services We Do Not Control:
In certain situations, businesses or third party Services we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Service (either alone or jointly with us). We may, for example, sell products or provide services jointly with affiliated businesses, or work with third party Services to enhance your experience. You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. One such service may include the ability for you to choose to automatically transmit information you input on the Service to your profile on a third party Service; for example, you may be sending and receiving load info directly from shippers or load board, you may also connect your Dashboard with QuickBooks. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party Services as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to allow the automatic transmissions discussed above, please review all third party Services’ policies before engaging in such automatic transmissions on the Service.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. For example, if you were to engage in a credit card transaction via the Service, we would need to allow a credit card processing company to verify the transaction; however, that company would only be authorized to use your credit card information to the extent we needed their assistance in completing your transaction.
(c) Business Transfers:
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we are reorganized or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. We will try to give you advance notice if your Personal Information will be transferred to a third party in this manner, so that you can delete your information or close account with us if you choose.
(d) Protection of Company and Others:
We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
(e) With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
4. IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
5. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Through your account settings, you may access and, in some cases, change or delete certain information you’ve provided to us. The information you can view and update through your account may change as the Service changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our features.
You may be able to add or update certain information as explained in Section V above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
You may request deletion of your account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you delete your account, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
8. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.